CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

What a couple of weeks it has been...

We have definetly had a rough couple of weeks around here. It all started last Monday after D got home from school...The boys were supposed to be watching tv in my room being quiet ( I should have known what a bad idea that was) a little while later they both come out and sit nicely down beside me on the couch looking rather innocent. I was then informed that they had somehow knocked the tv onto the floor. As I calmly, well as calmly as possible, walked into my room I found that my mattresses, both the box and top mattresses, had been pushed off the frame across the room and then hit the tv stand which knocked the tv onto the floor. Now I know they were both in the room at the time but N was not the master mind behind this mess. I cleaned it all up, spanked some boys and sent them to their room for the evening.
The next afternoon when D got home it was nice enough for them to go outside and play finally. I sent them out and continued to do dishes. A while later in they came and I was informed that some of the gutters had fallen off. Sure enough when I went out to inspect the damage a huge chunk of gutters was indeed laying in the middle of the yard instead of being attached to the house and a piece was still hanging on but barely. I can not fix this however because the downspout needs to be reattached to the side of the house and my house is made of brick. That will have to wait for the husband to get home.
I am now thinking that my week can not possibly get any worse...WRONG! A couple of days later N decided that he was going to make waffles for himself. He got the toaster out and toasted them just fine, put them on a plate, thank the Lord, put the plate in the living room on the area rug, he has to watch tv while eating breakfast, and then dumped 3/4 th of a bottle of syrup on them. The plate didn't have a chance. I still have a sticky spot on the carpet.
I guess for some reason N believes that he needs to fend for himself or he will never eat. So I believe it was Tuesday this week that I went to do laundry in the garage and during that 5 minutes N decided that he wanted Peanut Butter, not a sandwich, just the Peanut Butter. So instead of getting a spoon or something he used his hands. When I came in he was laying in his bed and I didn't see anything wrong until I walked by their bathroom. There was PB on the toilet, the mirror, the counter, the soap bottle, the sink...Everywhere! I am just thinking, well at least he tried to clean himself up before he went to lay down. I finished cleaning up the bathroom and then went to check on him and found that he indeed had not gotten himself clean at all. So now the PB is all over his bed and bedding. I got him up cleaned him off. We then went to WMart to pick up a few things. While there he wanted Chocolate milk and some Jello.
When we got home I opened the milk for him and was still in the process of putting away groceries when out comes the dogs from the bedroom and they have milk all over their backs. Down the hall I go to find N spitting mouthfulls of milk on the floor, walls, just about everywhere. I spank that bottom and start to clean up that mess. Throw, not literally, the dogs outside, and the boy in his room. Now I thought that I would be able to go to the bathroom by myself without incident since N had gotten into so much trouble today. WRONG! When I came out the boy was still in his room with his door closed so I go about doing what I needed. When I went to get N so that we could go get his brother from the bus stop...I found he had gotten himself a cup of strawberry Jello and taken it to his room. I guess he didn't like it because he then threw spoonfuls of red staining jello all over his room. Big globs falling down the walls, on the door, all over toys, the carpet, and his bedding. Thank the good Lord again that I had not yet taken it off to wash. The carpet is not in good shape anyways since last year when he tried to help his daddy paint the bedroom with a golf ball. So I am not to terribly worried about the carpet but man what a mess. I am still finding spots on the walls that I missed.
OH also the Maggie, my little dog, she is supposed to be my angel, ate a chunk out of the couch within the last couple of week also. I am so taking a HUGE vacation when the husband gets home!! Just think two more weeks and then it will be spring break time!! A whole 10 days of D not having school. YAY!!!

0 comments: